Saturday 7 April 2007

marinated tempeh and black venere rice, and a matinee (Sleeping Years)



Today I used a wonderful rice purchased on my last trip to the Veneto region
in Italy.
I was never happy travelling for my job, but I have to say when I was away,
I always bought a lot of regional products. Apparently, this wholegrain rice
was the first black variety in Europe. It has an amazing sandalwood scent
and reminds me of freshly baked bread. I just steamed it and served with
tempeh. My boyfriend is a really big fan of tempeh, especially now we have
learned to get the best out of it.

I prepared a marinade with 2 cups of apple juice, 2 tablespoons of maple
syrup, 2 tablespoons of liquefied ginger and 4 crushed garlic cloves. I left
it to marinate for one hour, just the time to go to a daylight concert at
the Union Chapel.

When I came back I baked the tempeh for 20 minutes (200°C) and top with
caramelized onions and sauerkraut.

I have been a bit lazy with the veggie, just lettuce this time :)
The gig at the chapel was very good and inspiring, and the EP was just a
fiver:

THE SLEEPING YEARS

No comments: