Thursday 8 November 2007

The Bento Box






I don’t know what is all about but it seems that all the food blogs are written by people that are working in offices, that dread their canteen or café and that bring their own food to work in their bento box.

I personally prefer the ones that are filled with rice on the bottom and some pickles and veg on the top layer, I don’t like to bring a thermos with the soup, but today my soup in a jar spilled all over my stuff so I better re-consider this…
My Lunch box is from the Japan Center yes it is my favourite place and I try to go as much as I can (if you have read any of my previous post I am sure that you know it)!

Also if you are not just a foodie and you are interested in design and fashion to buy or just to browse, the JC it is dangerously near Dover Street market… a more expensive side of Japan!

Anyway, here my Bento Box is filled with sauerkraut and blenched Chinese cabbage on top, and parsnip on the bottom layer, a slice of Sauer dough (I am baking again!) and off to work!


Baked yummy parsnip:

Slice the parsnips in thick slices
Place slices in a baking dish add ½ inch of water and 1 tablespoon of shoyu over the slices
Bake 200C° for 35 to 40 mins till soft



The parsnip cooked in this way is so yummy that you’d wish your lunchbox were bigger!
Would you like to get an ide on how to pack your food? Some people are really clever

6 comments:

Jenni Shortt said...

hi Roberta, I forgot about your blog and was pleased to read it again and find nice posts especially the one about Princess Pub, I don't think I'll ever pop in but it was nice to hear your story, I'll give it a try over here too!
Why so you write in English if you're italian? and why do i talk in english if we're both Italian? :))))
Actually we have a friend in common, Francesca Davoli! She's one of my best friends, when I created my blog she said to me: ah bello, anche una mia amica ha un blog di ricette, ma vive a londra, si chiama Paola...
:)
see you soon

roberta said...

ehhh ma io non mi chiamo Paola, e non conosco Francesca Davoli... ho amici un po' ovunque ed e' per questo che scrivo in Inglese (sgrammaticato chiaramente ma anche il mio Italiano oramai lo e'!)

Ciao
R

the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

What a pretty lunch box! I think the containers themselves can be inspiring.
This is a lovely blog!

Morrigan said...

Ciao Roberta, ho scoperto il tuo blog tramite Arame e anche il tuo bento box!
Mi piacciono da impazzire.
Credo che ti linkerò!
^__^
bye

Morrigan said...

Si capisce che sono i bento che mi piacciono?
Anche il mio italiano sta andando a ramengo! :-((

roberta said...

Morrigan- un problema un po' per tutti quello della confusione linguistica, passare dall'italiano all'inglse o viceversa e' deleterio

Anche io sono fan del tuo blog!