Friday 14 March 2008

A special tahini

Tomorrow like many people we will be attending the protest to end the siege on Gaza in Trafalgar Square, if you would like to see the impact that the siege has you can read it here.
This is only a food blog so  for me the best way to support the cau
se trough it is just to recommend you some ingredients that come from Palestine, so that we can try to support the Palestinians right to have a normal life.
In the UK there are several ways you can get hold of the products from online sellers.
Last week I attended the Palestine Trade Fair at the Arab Chamber of commerce in London, I got to know the products of Canaan Fair Trade (US).
Now if you know me or read my blog you know how I use tahini in almost everything, but the one I bought from the fair is the best I ever had, as it is quite liquid compared to the ones I normally buy but it has really go body and flavor. The olive oil (that I bought from a producer that unfortunately doesn't have a website) has got nothing to envy to an Italian one, and I think that from now on I will always buy Palestinian olive oil.

So if you can't come to Trafalgar square tomorrow (assemble at noon) maybe you can think about filling your pantry with this delicacies.
As they say on the Zaytoun website (UK) the best way is  "resisting the occupation by insisting on life".


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.