Saturday 7 April 2007

The Muffins that never were


Yesterday I wanted to bake some muffins but I got them completely wrong!
I wanted to bring them to Phil and Clare, to thank them for cooking without using meat, dairy or eggs (I know I am a pain!) ☺, but I think I am justified considering I have to start with my new job next week, I am frightened!
So here’s the recipe as it was intended to be:

1 cup strong wholemeal Canadian flour (Waitrose)
1 cup light meal flour
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup soy milk
½ cup grated carrots
1 cup organic cold pressed sunflower oil
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon cardamom
¼ cup lemon juice
1 sachet natural yeast (from organic shop)
2 tablespoon dry roasted sunflower seeds (you can do t in a little skillet)

Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ones in another; pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, mixing without making the batter too smooth. Fold in the roasted sunflower seeds and the lemon zest.

Pour the batter in cupcake papers and bake in the preheated oven (180°C), for 25 minutes.


What went wrong? I had forgotten to put the yeast! Oh well they were edible (they are already disappeared 24 hr later)

No comments: