Sunday 22 April 2007

Scrambled tofu with enoki mushrooms


1 cake firm tofu
100 grms carrots
1 bunch enoki mushrooms
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp dark tahini
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp water
some basil leaves

Remove the base of the enoki mushrooms and break them into pieces.
Cut the carrots in 4 cm length batons.
Cut the tofu in cubes and boil for 2 minutes, transfer to a cotton muslin in a colander, wrap the muslin and break in small pieces while squeezing out the water.
Heat the sesame oil in a wok; add the carrots and the enokii mushrooms and stir-fry. Crumble the tofu. Keep cooking and stirring, season with soy sauce and with tahini sauce (1 tbsp tahini, 2 tbsp water)
Add the basil leaves.

3 comments:

Kati said...

mmm this looks delicious. I'm a bit of a macro-wannabe myself, so I was glad to find your blog. Welcome! =)

Douglas said...

Nice looking scrambled tofu. I like to think of myself as the king of scrambled tofu so you might have your self a little freindly competition!!!

roberta said...

thanks Kati!

Douglas, I leave you the crown, I challenge you on italian food if you are brave enough :)